no but imagine if you drank too much at a bar and then passes out on the floor and no-one could find your pulse so hours later you woke up in the ER or worse a morgue
Dude fake murders. Frame people. Scare the shit out of everyone. Pretend to be dead.
fail gym because you dont have a pulse for them to measure
CPR class: “can i have a volunteer?”
Halloween…be a zombie. Without a pulse. Hell yes.
… How could you possibly not have a pulse if blood were pulsing through your veins? I’m not a doctor but I think that has to be happening for you to live.
It’s because the blood flows continuously instead of in bursts.
It is called a ventricular assist device (VAD). It is used to replace the function of a failing heart or for short term use, typically for patients recovering from heart attacks or heart surgery.
One of the problems with Braille is that it’s typically printed in specialist books aside from the copies created for sighted people, meaning that those with sight difficulties can’t borrow their friends’ books and need to seek out the bookstores and libraries that cater for them. In the past, we’ve seen projects such as Thailand’sMr. Light and Mr. Dark — which uses special typography to enable the blind and non-blind to read the same book. Now the FingerReader initiative from MIT provides visually impaired readers with a wearable ring that can scan written text and read it out loud. READ MORE…
Guys. Science has developed a talking ring that allows the blind to read books.
This is not only amazing, it is the stuff of fairy tales.
When i was little i wanted to grow up to be a disney princess but im pretty sure i just became Yzma
a moment of silence for all the little girls this halloween who had to be anna because their older sister wanted to be elsa
IS HE FOR REAL ABOUT TO FIGHT THIS TEN YEAR OLD
this look like a duel disk but for bronies and neckbeards
and at no point has anyone thought “maybe we should not build a giant flammable goat this year”
They tried fireproofing. And armed guards. And fences, and cameras… Sadly the wikipedia page has been cut down by super srs folks to remove all the awesome Keystone cops tales of the goat’s history (emphasis added by me)
- 1966 Stig Gavlén came up with the idea of a giant goat made out of straw. But it turned out that Gavlén organisation did not have enough funding for the goat. Then Harry Ström, who at that time was the chairman of the Södra Kungsgatan Ideella Förening (a non-profit society), decided to pay the whole cost for the goat out of his own pocket. The goat stood until midnight of New Year’s Eve, when it went up in flames. The perpetrator, who was from Hofors,Gästrikland, was found and convicted of vandalism. The first goat was insured and Ström got all his money back.
- 1967 Nothing happened.
- 1968 The goat survived. A fence was built around the goat. Previously it was popular for children to play hide-and-seek inside and around the goat. There was also a rumor that one night a couple had sex inside the goat. In subsequent years the inside of the goat was protected by a chicken-wire net.
- 1969 The goat was burnt down on New Year’s Eve.
- 1970 The goat was burnt down only six hours after it was assembled. Two very drunk teenagers were connected with the crime. With help from several financial contributors the goat was reassembled out of lake reed.
- 1971 The Southern Merchants got tired of their goats being burned and stopped building the goat. The Natural Science Club (Naturvetenskapliga Föreningen:NF) from the School of Vasa (Vasaskolan) took over.
- 1972 The goat collapsed because of sabotage.
- 1973 N/A
- 1974 Burnt.
- 1975 N/A
- 1976 Hit by a car.
- 1977 N/A
- 1978 Again, the goat was kicked to pieces.
- 1979 The goat was burnt even before it was erected. A new one was built and fireproofed. It was destroyed and broken into pieces.
- 1980 Burnt down on Christmas Eve.
- 1981 Nothing happened.
- 1982 Burnt down on Lucia (13 December).
- 1983 The legs were destroyed.
- 1984 Burnt down on 12 December, the night before Lucia.
- 1985 The 12.5 metre (41 ft) tall goat of the Natural Science Club was featured in the Guinness Book of Records for the first time. Even though the goat was enclosed by a 2 metres (6.6 ft) high metal fence, guarded by Securitas and even soldiers from the Gävle I 14 Infantry Regiment, it was burnt down in January.
- 1986 The merchants of Gävle decided they were willing to build the goat once again. From 1986 on two goats were built, the Southern Merchants’ and the School of Vasa’s. The big goat burnt down the night before Christmas Eve.
- 1987 A heavily fireproofed goat was built. It got burnt down a week before Christmas.
- 1988 Nothing happened to the goat, but gamblers were for the first time able to gamble on the fate of the goat with English bookmakers.
- 1989 Again, the goat burnt down before it was assembled. Financial contributions from the public were raised to rebuild a goat that was burnt down in January. In March 1990 another goat was built, this time for the shooting of a Swedish motion picture called Black Jack.
- 1990 Nothing happened. The goat was guarded by many volunteers.
- 1991 The goat was joined by an advertising sled, that turned out to be illegally built. On the morning of Christmas Eve the goat was burnt down. It was later rebuilt to be taken to Stockholm as a part of a protest campaign against the closing of the I 14 Infantry Regiment.
- 1992 The goat was burnt down eight days after it was built. The Natural Science Club’s goat burnt down the same night. The Southern Merchants’ goat was rebuilt, but burned down on 20 December. The perpetrator of the three attacks was caught and sent to jail. The Goat Committee was founded in 1992.
- 1993 Once more the goat was featured in the Guinness Book of Records, the School of Vasa’s goat measured 14.9 metres (49 ft). The goat was guarded by taxis and the Swedish Home Guard. Nothing happened.
- 1994 Nothing happened. The goat followed the Swedish national hockey team to Italy for the World Championship in hockey.
- 1995 A Norwegian was arrested for attempting to burn down the goat. Burnt down on the morning of Christmas Day. Rebuilt to be standing before the 550th anniversary of Gävle county.
- 1996 The first time the goat was guarded by webcams, nothing happened.
- 1997 Damaged by fireworks. The Natural Science Club’s goat was attacked too, but survived with minor damage.
- 1998 Burnt down on 11 December, even though there was a major blizzard. Was rebuilt.
- 1999 Burnt down only a couple of hours after it was erected. Rebuilt again before Lucia. The Natural Science Club’s goat was burnt down as well.
- 2000 Burnt down a couple of days before New Year’s Eve. The Natural Science Club’s goat got tossed in the Gävle river.
- 2001 Goat set on fire on 23 December by Lawrence Jones, a 51-year-old visitor from Cleveland, Ohio, who spent 18 days in jail and was subsequently convicted and ordered to pay 100,000 Swedish kronor in damages. The court confiscated Jones’s cigarette lighter with the argument that he clearly was not able to handle it. Jones stated in court that he was no “goat burner”, and believed that he was taking part in a completely legal goat-burning tradition. After Jones was released from jail he went straight back to the US without paying his fine. As of 2006 it was still unpaid. The Natural Science Club’s goat was also burnt down.
- 2002 A 22 year old from Stockholm tried to set the Southern Merchants’ goat on fire, but failed, the goat receiving only minor damage. On Lucia the goat was guarded by Swedish radio and TV personality Gert Fylking.
- 2003 Burnt down on 12 December.
- 2004 Burnt 21 December, only three days before Christmas Eve. The fire brigade quickly arrived on the scene, but the goat could not be saved. No new goat was built.
- 2005 Burnt by unknown vandals reportedly dressed as Santa and the gingerbread man, by shooting a flaming arrow at the goat at 21:00 on 3 December. Reconstructed on 5 December. The hunt for the arsonist responsible for the goat-burning in 2005 was featured on the weekly Swedish live broadcast TV3’s “Most Wanted" ("Efterlyst”) on 8 December.
- 2006 On the night of 15 December at 03:00, someone tried to set fire to the goat by dousing the right front leg in petrol (gasoline). The red ribbon on that leg was slightly burned and fell off. The lower part of the right leg was scorched, but the rest of the goat failed to light. The leg was repaired that morning. The Natural Science Club’s goat was burned at about 00:40 on 20 December; the vandals were not seen and got away. On the night of 25 December, a drunken man managed to climb up on the goat. Before the police arrived on the scene the man climbed down and disappeared. He did not try to set fire to the goat. The Southern Merchants’ goat survived New Year’s Eve and was taken down on 2 January. It is now stored in a secret location.
- 2007 The Natural Science Club’s goat was toppled on 13 December and was burned on the night of 24 December. The Southern Merchants’ goat survived.
- 2008 10,000 people turned out for the inauguration of one of the goats. No back-up goat was built to replace the main goat should the worst happen, nor was the goat treated with flame repellent (Anna Östman, spokesperson of the Goat-committee said the repellent made it look ugly in the previous years, like a brown terrier). On 16 December the Natural Science Club’s Goat was vandalised and later removed. On 26 December there was an attempt to burn down the Southern Merchants’ Goat but patriotic passers-by managed to extinguish the fire. The following day the goat finally succumbed to the flames ignited by an unknown assailant at 03:50 CET.
- 2009 A person attempted to set the Southern Merchants’ goat on fire the night of 7 December. An unsuccessful attempt was made to throw the Natural Science Club’s goat into the river the weekend of 11 December. The culprit then tried, again without success, to set the goat on fire. Someone stole the Natural Science Club’s goat utilizing a truck the night of 14 December. On the night of 23 December before 04:00 the South Merchant goat was set on fire and was burned to the frame, even though it had a thick layer of snow on its back. The goat had two online webcams which were put out of service by aDoS attack, instigated by computer hackers just before the burning.
- 2010 On the night of 2 December, arsonists made an unsuccessful attempt to burn the Natural Science Club’s goat. On 17 December, a Swedish news site reported that one of the guards tasked with protecting the Southern Merchants’ goat had been offered payment to leave his post so that the goat could be stolen via helicopter and transported to Stockholm. Both goats survived and were dismantled and returned to storage in early January 2011.
- 2011 The inauguration of the goat took place on 27 November. The fire-fighters of Gävle sprayed the goat with water to create a coating of ice in the hope of protecting it from arson. The goat was burnt down in the early morning of 2 December.
- 2012 The inauguration of the goat took place on 2 December. It was burnt just ten days later in the hours before midnight of 12 December, one day before Lucia.
- 2013 As in 2006 and 2007, the straw used to build the goat has been soaked in anti-flammable liquid to prevent it from burning in the event of an arson attack. The inauguration ceremony took place on 1 December. But despite the anti-flammable liquids the goat was burnt down on the early morning of December 21.
Any history of plots involving a DDoS attack on the security cameras, a plot to steal it with a helicopter and flaming arrows shot by people dressed as Santa and the Gingerbread man is just plain hilarious in my book.
the best part of christmas for a swede: betting with friends whether the goat will burn or not. haha
Just a couple more months…
Ah yes, Sweden’s great tradition of goat arson
Ferguson protesters shut down a THIRD Wal-Mart in one night!
Monday, October 13th
Sooooo….the top left.
You’ve got to be SHITTING me.
Let me get this straight: somebody can say tons of racist and homophobic shit and still get crowned one of the most “Influential” teens of 2014 by Time Magazine?
Is that a message we’re trying to send out to America’s youth? “You can be a huge cunt and offend a lot of people, but who cares?! Here’s a prize for your douchebaggery!”
Regardless of how many followers he has on Vine, I don’t think a bigot deserves this title.
Want to know why he’s on the list?
Because each day he has to put up with people like you that constantly bring him down. Can you believe that? He’s a 16 year old who has made one mistake and he has millions like you telling him to die and calling him crash, his response? He tries not to let it get to him, even though he’s had a history of depression. You people literally drove him to delete his tumblr.
THE SAME PEOPLE that are so against bullying and critize a person for making mistakes in their past. You may ask why I said one mistake and not two? Sure it was offensive when he yelled fag in a video following an AIDS commercial, but guess what he has apologized so many times and he had put down the video. He’s tried so hard to prove he is genuinely sorry. Then he made a video in which he stated HIS PREFERENCE.
I find it so fucking insane that people are literally telling him to die and calling him a sexist for saying that HE doesn’t like body hair on women. NEWSFLASH HUNNY MILLIONS OF MEN AND WOMEN AGREE WITH HIM, SO SORRY TO BURST YOUR BUBBLE FULL OR IGNORANCE BUT ITS TRUE. I don’t like guys with fucking mustaches, so what? Are you going to push me to delete my tumblr and constantly make threats?
YASSSSSSS REBLOGGING FOR THE LAST COMMENT
Okay, I can understand if you like him and want to defend him but one mistake? Let’s go down the list, shall we?
(In No Particular Order)
1. What Guys Look For In Girls: A video, which, by the title, would imply all guys are like this. This video wouldn’t have been so upsetting if it wasn’t someone with this much power. This guy has millions of people, mostly young, teenage girls, who watch his videos and now feel bad about themselves. I could go into more detail, but literally everything I could say is in this video by TheThirdPew who is only a year older than Nash. I suggest you watch it.
2. Use of homophobic and racist statements on twitter: This is a biggie. A lot of these tweets have since been deleted but he still made them. I don’t really think this one needs an explanation. Not to mention the horrible grammar in some of them, but hey I’m not Jack Douglass.
3. The HIV Vine: If you don’t know about this, this is a vine he made from an advertisement raising awareness for HIV Testing, where it’s stated ‘it’s not a gay thing!’ and cuts into a clip of him saying, ‘yes it is, f*g!’ Which again, shouldn’t need an explanation. The vine has been taken down, but I think you can still find it reposted on a bunch of places, such as Tyler Oakley’s twitter.
I could go on, but these are the three biggest things that come to mind. Now, I’m not saying he’s a bad person. You know, I think there’s good in everybody (10 points if you got that reference). It’s just the fact that he has all of this power, and he’s using it to spread hate.
'But he's only 16 and has a lot of pressure on him!'
Are you freaking kidding me?
No doubt about it, he has pressure on him, but let’s look at another person on the list: Malala.
She literally got shot in the head for trying to go to school. There’s a lot of people who want her dead in the world, and unlike the 'millions like you telling him to die and calling him crash' (A direct quote from the above statement). These people actually have the ability to kill her. And she knows that. But she’s spreading her message, and that message doesn’t have to do with freaking shaving your legs.
I’m not trying to compare him to Malala in any way. She’s an activist and he’s a viner. But he has so much potential to be doing something good, I mean, and it’s not like it’s impossible. Other YouTubers and viners have done plenty of things…off the top of my head:
1. Tyler Oakley has raised over $500,000 for The Trevor Project for suicidal teenagers. (Donate here: x)
2. Connor Franta has raised over $230,000 for The Thirst Project. The money will be used to build wells in Africa.
And in non monetary ways, many YouTubers have made videos about body positivity, mental disorders, and other heavy issues in an effort to make people feel better about themselves (ie. Shane Dawson’s videos about eating disorders, suicide, etc., Emma Blackery’s music video about how you matter, all those O2L videos saying how pretty and great you are, etc etc…)
As for ‘oh but he apologized.’
What he did was hardly an apology. He literally wrote tweets slightly over the character limit, saying (a direct quote from one of the tweets) 'I was young and stupid'
Okay, first of all, that’s something you say 20 years after something happens and you actually have time to reflect on how bad the thing was, not less than 6 months later.
Secondly, if he really cared he would have addressed it more directly.
- if he really cared he would have addressed it more directly.
- if he really cared he would have addressed it more directly.
- if he really cared he would have addressed it more directly.
I don’t know how many times I can say it. If you are genuinely sorry about something, you’re not going to make a little tiny tweet about it, post it long enough for someone to screenshot it, and then delete it.
Example? Shane Dawson. Notorious for offensive videos, arguably worst of all: Black Facing.
What Shane did was completely wrong. But, the way he addressed the issue was very mature of him and much more than a little tweet. You can watch his apology video here: x. This is how an apology is meant to be. He doesn’t try to justify what he did in any way. He acknowledges that he was ignorant and deleted every single video that included that type of offensive material. He even tried removing ads on that video so people would realize he wasn’t trying to make a quick buck off of it.
So, in short: STOP TRYING TO TURN THIS FREAKING LITTLE SHIT INTO A MARTYR. HE IS NOT A MARTYR.
HE IS A TEENAGE BOY WHO NEEDS TO TAKE A STEP BACK, REALIZE HOW POPULAR HE IS, STEP BACK, AND BE A BETTER PERSON.
HE LITERALLY IS ONE OF THE 25 MOST INFLUENTIAL TEENS HE REALLY NEEDS TO REALIZE HOW FREAKING POPULAR HE IS GOODNESS GRACIANYAS.
Don’t forget his racist jokes about black girls on vine!!!
Finally somebody sad it!!